Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday, Monday

Well today is my 4th day post op and I feel pretty good. I have not had all of the shoulder pain from gas that most talk about. It has been relatively smooth sailing. But don't let the smooth taste fool you, it is hard! The first couple of days I didn't want too much of anything and I have yet to get all the protein in that is required. I can't seem to find anything that taste good enough to continue on a daily basis. I can stomach a sip or two but that is about it. I don't want to throw up so I just drink only the amount that I feel will stay down. I have not been able to drink all of the water but I am sipping away. I am getting the hunger pains these last 2 days and am wanting something more. I have my follow up appt on Friday and I am so hoping that I can go on to the mushie stage because I need to chew something! All in all it is not real bad but not the easiest thing I've had to do. Just wanted to pop in and update...Still a little soreness around the port incision but doing pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see you are doing good after surgery. It's good you're not experiencing the gas pains. I hope you are walking. As far as being hungry. The protein shakes should help with of our hunger. It didn't do very much for me until I felt much better when I started mushies. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete