Saturday, October 24, 2009

20 Pounds Down - 2nd Week Post Op

This is my 2 week post op update and I am a little late. After my follow up appt with the surgeon he told me to get to exercising. Well, I have been going to the gym and once I get started, it's not so bad. Oh, did I say I hate exercising. I don't hate it so much that I won't do it but I don't push myself to go beyond whatever minutes I input on the treadmill. If I put 30 minutes that's what it is and I don't go any further. I hope to get better. I am still on liquids! My doctor requires 3 weeks of liquids after surgery and then 3 weeks of mushies/soft foods before moving on to solids. This liquid stage has been a task at times because you just get tired of the same old drinks. I am so over protein shakes but I endure and try to press on. Today I tried butternut squash soup for the first time in my life and it was quite enjoyable. It is a soup that I had not seen before in a box. I think it is by Campbell's not sure though. But it was pretty tasty. I saw online where people that eat butternut squash soup sprinkle a little cinnamon on top and I tried that as well. Tasty. So, I think that is it for now. I go back to work on Monday and I must say that I am very ready. I am not a person that enjoys sitting home all day. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment